Re: different tempi

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: different tempi
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:50:22 +0200

On 2008/09/09 12:45 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Currently, I believe that my problem can't be solved with the current
> > means of lilypond, and some extra coding is necessary.
>
> What about using InnerStaffGroup(s)?

Indeed (but I'm very puzzled the order of \consist-ed engravers is
important):

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new InnerStaffGroup <<
      \new Staff { c'1 c' c'4 }
      \new Staff { \clef bass d4 e f g a1 a4 }

    \new InnerStaffGroup <<
      \new Staff \relative c' { \time 3/4 f8 e f g a4 g2.~ g4 f8 e f4 }

    \new InnerStaffGroup <<
      \new Staff \relative c'' { a2 d, e c c4 }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \remove Default_bar_line_engraver
      \remove Time_signature_engraver
      \remove Timing_translator
    }
    \context {
      \StaffGroup
      \remove Span_bar_engraver
    }
    \context {
      \InnerStaffGroup
      \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver
    }
    \context {
      \Staff
      % the order of engravers matters here: e.g. if Timing_translator
      % comes after Default_bar_line_engraver, barlines are messed up.
      \consists Timing_translator
      \consists Default_bar_line_engraver
      \consists Time_signature_engraver

If LSR was up, I'd add there too; maybe we can add it to input/new if
it's worthwhile.

HTH,
John