Re: Fingering: tweak has different behavior in 2.11.58

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Fingering: tweak has different behavior in 2.11.58
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:41:34 +0100

Hi Jon,

2008/9/6 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:
> I compiled version 2.11.58 and when I ran a file I was working on I noticed
> that many of the tweaks I had done to position fingerings had different
> results in 2.11.58 than they did in 2.11.56.  Below is a minimal example.
>  The same code was used to produce each png image.  The one with the 4
> fingering way up above was done in 2.11.58, and the one with it tucked in
> nicely under the beam was done in 2.11.56.  Any idea why the different
> behavior?  For the moment I've reverted to 2.11.56.

This is a result of my fix (#666) for the broken 'avoid-slur behaviour
when set to 'around (which is the case for Fingering).

If you have a look at the images below without tweaks, you can see
what's changed: originally, the `4' was avoiding the slur incorrectly
(outside), even though there's plenty of space for it to be placed
inside the slur. Since the correct behaviour places it inside, your
y-offset in \tweak is now too large.

Regards,
Neil