Re: debian control file out of date? was: Re: live cd-with lilypondhttp:

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: Re: debian control file out of date? was: Re: live cd-with lilypondhttp://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:28:12 -0700

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:52 +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> This isn't true. The only problem of not removing the old files
> is that they take some space. Newer versions of LilyPond will
> not use them anymore. Also, the whole problem is more or
> less outdated. LilyPond moved away from using TeX and
> the old way of finding/using fonts in version 2.6, i.e. about
> 3 years ago.

Debian actually has a policy on this one.  We need to support upgrades
from the previous stable release.  For lilypond, the oldstable version
is 2.2.6.  Once lenny releases (the current release-in-preparation), the
oldstable version will bump to 2.8.7 (which is the current stable
version).

That means that the clean upgrade must stick around for the meanwhile,
until the release of lenny.

Thomas