debian control file out of date? was: Re: live cd-with lilypondhttp://li

From: Rob Canning
Subject: debian control file out of date? was: Re: live cd-with lilypondhttp://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:54:50 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Samstag, 23. August 2008 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:
Rob Canning wrote:
but at the moment we have found that lilypond pulls texlive as a
dependency
How come? This used to be true a very long time ago, but there
are no requirements to have a TeX installation to be able to run
LilyPond. See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL
(for version 2.10) or
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requireme
nts#Requirements (for version 2.11 and the coming version 2.12) for
information
on the relevant running requirements.

At least the Debian and Kubuntu packages of lilypond-data have the following requirement:
Pre-Depends: tetex-bin | texlive-base

I suppose that this is not true any longer and was never removed when lilypond switched away from using latex... There is, however, a build-time dependency on metafont (mf-nowin is called to create the feta font), which is in the texlive-base-bin package.
does this mean all this is needed is a modification to the debian controlfile? this would be great as if texlive-base is not a dep then lilypond should be small enough to fit on our live distro :)
cheers
rob

http://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/