Re: transparent background in lilypond generated png's

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: transparent background in lilypond generated png's
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:15:25 -0500

That's awesome!!  Thanks!

Jonathan

Gilles Sadowski wrote:
Hello.

I've been using Lilypond regularly for several years now with great satisfaction. Recently, I've begun using lilypond generated png files in powerpoint presentations and I'd like to know if there is a way to generate these files with a transparent (rather than white) background so I can add something like a textured background image. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can use the "convert" tool (part of "imagemagick" package) like this:

 $ convert test.png -transparent white test_tr.png

which will create "test_tr.png" with a transparent background.

Best,
Gilles