Re: Time signatures (Common, Cut Common)

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Time signatures (Common, Cut Common)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:01:58 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> writes
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:56:11AM +0100, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
It's not in the manual, and I can't search the LSR because it's down ...

I want time signatures of "Common" and "Cut Common" in my music. I know
they're the default settings, but I've already put

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()

at the start of my piece to give me an opening time sig of 4/4

What do I need to reset it to to give me common time later in the piece?

Hi Anthony,

All you have to do is put

\revert Staff.TimeSignature #'style

at the appropriate spot, and this will revert to the default style.

Just done that ...

The default style for the TimeSignature grob is 'C, so the following
line would work too:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'C

Works a treat.

Thanks,
Wol
--