Re: Mark_engraver in PianoStaff?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Mark_engraver in PianoStaff?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:41:45 -0400

Hi Alexander,

I want to typeset a piano reduction where the RehearsalMarks,
MetronomeMarks and some TextSpanners (like rit. etc.) are shown once in the Score context, but are additionally doubled above the PianoStaff for
the piano player.

I've often wanted to do this, and have never gotten around to coding the best solution…

In order to also support those situations where (e.g.) the marks come above the string staff group, my guess is you want to create a custom context which has *only* the Mark_engraver, include it in the main score GrandStaff at the appropriate positions, and remove Mark_engraver from all other contexts (i.e., Score, Staff, etc.) in that score.

It would be the mark equivalent of the TimeSig context (an example of which can be found in the docs and/or on the list). If I have a moment sometime soon, I'll whip up an example/template.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.