Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:42:48 +0200

2008/8/20 Tom Cloyd <address@hidden>:
> And after nearly 6 months of fairly intense work in my new Kubuntu
> environment, I have NEVER heard of this business of Linux's not paying
> attention to what directory you're in. It's totally brand new
> information. Has never been mentioned on the very-intense Ruby list I
> follow. Has never before gotten me in trouble with anything else. Just
> with Lilypad.

I must say that this behaviour of the shell was the very first thing I
learnt about Linux. Or, maybe the second, after 'dir' is now called
'ls'. So there are cases and cases out there.

And I was told that this was a weak point of windows, that Linux
doesn't have. So, it's not about not paying attention; it pays, not to
do it, fortunately.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org