Re: doc work

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: doc work
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:13:53 -0400

Hi Walter,

I just looked at that template and noticed that the first example on the page A.3.1 gives a template for a score where everything is in one file.

But it outputs a score only, no parts — I'm talking about having a single-file input with multiple-file output.

just about any Lilypond score (even quite large ones) can be done
in a single file, but as the project becomes larger, breaking
the project up into several files makes it easier to see what is going on.

Agreed... but I don't think these templates are the right place to provide that kind of information/tutorial.

would it not be useful to illustrate this more advanced way
of organizing larger projects in some other part of one of the manuals?

Absolutely.

I write this without having searched the Docs to see if this has already been done.

There is such a section, though it should probably be reviewed as a result of recent doc changes, if it hasn't been already.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Kieren.