Re: SLopUF: context name

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: SLopUF: context name
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 04:26:02 +0000 (UTC)

Robin Bannister <rcb <at> dataway.ch> writes:

> Hallo again!
>
> At the end of LM 3.3.2. there is the caution:
> > Note the distinction between the name of the context type, Staff, Voice,
> > etc,
> > and the identifying name of a particular instance of that type ...
>
> Well, I can manage that, I think.
> Because when I'm looking at the snippets,
> these names look quite different: one lot are in quotes.
>
> But when I start reading in the manuals about using these names
> I get confused.

Robin,

Thanks for your work on this.  You've done an excellent job of identifying
an area of confusion in the documentation.

As you mention, right now we're in the middle of a section-by-section revision.
Some of us may be able to pay a bit of attention to this suggestion in our
individual rewrites.  But I think that once we get it settled down we
may be able to use your tables to clean up the explanations.

Thanks,

Carl