Re: Please forget LM MG NR IR SL AU

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: Please forget LM MG NR IR SL AU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:50:31 -0700

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
I must note however that I strongly disagree with the approach "you must read the manual first". Honestly, when you buy an house-hold appliance you first read the manual? I doubt. For making the first cup of coffee you won't read the manual. Later, when you want to make different kinds of exotic coffees you will. Though this is a bit off-topic.
I agree only because it gives the appearance of a hostile atmosphere on the lilypond user's list which I know is not the truth. A one line RTFM answer is not good communication. If instead you said, "well you could blah blah blah, and if you want more information, <HERE>'s where you would look in the documentation, people would be more happily motivated.

I also agree about the acronyms. I still, because of the way my memory works, have to go to the documenation page and compare the names to the acronyms to figure out where to look.

Patrick