Re: text on stem

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: text on stem
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:28:26 +0200

2008/8/11 Emil Anonymous <address@hidden>:

> I want to put text on certain stems, just under the notehead. How do I do
> this?

I don't know what you're trying to achieve, but I'm not certain
overriding extra-offset is the best solution here: it can cause many
ugly collisions.

Besides, you're referring to stems but your example shows a whole note
-- with no stem! :-)

If you want a quick way to write your markup, it's simple to do

txt = \markup { \large text }

{ c1_\txt }

If you want to use an override, you can use

txt =
#(define-music-function (parser location note) (ly:music?)
#{ \once \override Score.TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(-.5 . 3)
    $note _\markup { \large text } #})

{
  \txt c1
}

Finally, another option would be to move your text *inside* the markup
(without any \override); you can read the folowing section, which I've
just rewritten:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text-alignment.html

Cheers,
Valentin