FW: Banter chord naming convention

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: FW: Banter chord naming convention
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:54:44 -0600

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 05:19:19 -0600
To: <address@hidden>, lily-devel <address@hidden>
Conversation: Banter chord naming convention
Subject: Banter chord naming convention

In responding to Trevor Daniels's review of NR 2.7 Chords, I came across the
fact that the Banter chord naming code is broken -- it will not produce
output for a simple c chord.

First question: Does anybody know when Banter chord naming quit working?

In searching the internet to see more about Banter chord naming, the only
references I could find were from LilyPond.  It appears that Banter chord
naming came from a book that Jan purchased as he was implementing chords in
LilyPond.  And so the primary driving force for Banter support in LilyPond
appeared to come from Jan, who said he's not an expert in chords.

Second question:  Does anybody care that Banter chord naming doesn't work?

The infrastructure for Banter chord naming is in place but broken.  I would
imagine that I could fix it if I spent enough time.  But if nobody cares, it
would be a waste of time to fix it.

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen

------ End of Forwarded Message