Re: markup dynamics wrong size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: markup dynamics wrong size
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 10:33:34 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Freitag, 8. August 2008 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Yes, it would be very nice to be able to specify the alignment point
of a markup in a more convenient way.
I just realized that it indeed is possible to specify the horizontal
alignment point to be between two parts of a markup:
beforeaftermarkup = \markup {\right-align before \left-align after }
but it's too late at night right now for me to figure out how to set it
to be centered on a symbol (like the "f" in "f molto").

We already had that discussion a while back (the 'Aligning "sempre pp" with "p"...' tread starting on Feb 10) and I summarized all suggestions in the LSR snippets I quoted in my earlier Mail.
Yes, when I was writing my answer, it suddenly felt very familiar but since it was late at night, my brain didn't realize to look for the email thread or possible LSR entry. Thanks for the link. Just a comment on the LSR entry: I wouldn't expect many people to be able to understand exactly how the different methods work, since there's no mention on how the default alignment is done. Also, it doesn't mention the obvious drawbacks of Solutions 1, 2, 3 and 5, that you need
quite some trial and error to get the numbers right.

Does anybody know why this LSR entry isn't included in the Snippet List of the GDP documentation. Since it only works under 2.11, it certainly would be more relevant to
have there than in LSR, for the moment.

   /Mats