Re: GDP: Repeats

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Re: GDP: Repeats
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:26:50 -0400

Hi, Joe -

The first comments! I'm out straight today and have a rehearsal tonight,
so I won't get to these until tomorrow, but I appreciate the response.

Take care,

Ralph

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ralph Palmer, CEM
Energy/Administrative Coordinator
Keene State College
Keene, NH 03435-2502
Phone: 603-358-2230
Cell: 603-209-2903
Fax: 603-358-2456
address@hidden

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:12:38 +1000
From: Joe Neeman <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: GDP: first public draft, NR 1.4 Repeats
To: Graham Percival <address@hidden>

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 22:22 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the first public draft of NR 1.4 Repeats!
> Ralph Palmer has done a lot of work preparing this section; please
> read it carefully and let us know about any mistakes or omissions.

This looks really good! I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I
really like the "inspirational headwords."

Comments:
Introduction:
  "endof" -> "end of"
  When introducing "unfold", you mention "repeatcount" which might be a
bit mysterious, since you haven't mentioned it before.

Normal repeats:
  I see you have an example with a partial alternative. Maybe you should
call attention to the \partial in the text, since this is something that
seems to come up on the user list regularly.

Tremolo repeats:
  Maybe mention (as a Known Issue) that cross-staff tremolos don't work
well.

Now I know that the organisation of sections is something that has been
discussed a great deal, so if you have already thought about this,
please ignore my next comment: in the introduction, you mention that
repeats come in 4 types. Then you split up into *2* subsections. Given
the text of the introduction, it seems more natural to split the section
into 4 subsections (where the volta subsection would split further into
2 more subsections).

Joe