Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:33:00 +0200

Am Dienstag, 15. Juli 2008 schrieb Bertalan Fodor:
> Currently JEdit with LilyPondTool is the only editor for LilyPond that
> provides syntax checking and autocompletion of tweaks. I consider those
> such crucial features I can't image how other people can work without
> it.

Apparently, you haven't used kate yet... Kate also has full syntax coloring,
auto-completion (even of self-defined commands and all other identifiers
already used in the same file)! It even supports folding of {... } and << ..
>> sections spanning multiple line. Plus, there is a command-line panel
already built-in to call lilypond directly from there (I'm using a makefile
to make building large scores with multiple files easier).

Plus, Kate supports syntax highlighting/checking/folding, etc. for practically
any other language (e.g. Scheme and C++, so I can also edit lilypond source
in the same session).

Here is a screenshot, in case you are curious how it looks like:
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~reinhold/temp/Kate_lilypond.png

Cheers,
Reinhold