Re: Staff spacing problem with piano centered dynamics

From: Jim Cline
Subject: Re: Staff spacing problem with piano centered dynamics
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:32:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mats,

I am using version 2.11.46. The layout I was using appeared to correspond to that of 2.10 (in fact, I'm no longer sure I used Les Nereides, I may have just gotten the template from the proper place for 2.10). I have now fixed the layout to follow the 2.11 documentation, http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Piano-templates#Piano-templates The only differences I noticed between the two versions was the addition of

\override DynamicLineSpanner #'Y-offset = #0

in 2.11 and the omission of the lines

           \override DynamicText #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)
           \override Hairpin #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)
           \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance = #7

which were present in 2.10. Anyway I have tried all combinations of the above, and there is still no effect on the problematic systems. I have attached the layout section in case you can spot something that I have missed. Thanks!

--Jim