Markup and music side by side

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Markup and music side by side
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:33:08 +0300

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to put a markup block, e.g., on the
left side of the paper and the music on the right side of the page? I
am wrestling with quite a peculiar piece that consists of snippets of
music and performing instructions and I'd like to put the text next to
the music.

I guess it's possible in lilypond-book. However if that's the only
option I'll probably use some other software to place the LP-generated
systems and the text.

-Risto