Re: sustainOn

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: sustainOn
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:13:02 -0700

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:55:11 +0200
"James E. Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:

> See, this is why I should subscribe to the development list___

If you're concerned about development, then yes.  You might want
to look at the archives, where you'll see a whole bloody MONTH for
this discussion, multiple "if you have any objections, speak up
now", etc.

> Lilypond
> syntax is really logical, this is a step in the illogical direction,
> if you ask me.

It's completely logical.  Now, Up/Down/Both refer *only* to
directions.  Sustain isn't for directions.

> I vote, as a pianist, for sustainDown/sustainUp. Who's with me?

I vote, as one of the main developers, that there is no Maoing way
we're going to revert this change.

- Graham