Re: defining custom note heads

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: defining custom note heads
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:09:14 +0200

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:20 AM, v!ictor address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Brian,

There are two things you need to do to create arbitrary noteheads from
within lilypond:
1. change the NoteHead stencil to the text interface:
\once \override NoteHead  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
2. define the text attribute of the NoteHead. you can put any markup
command you want. The easiest thing to do is to simply call a
musicglyph, as in the example below. With musicglyph you can use any
of the feta font glyphs:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/The-Feta-font#The-Feta-font

But you can also draw lines, circles, etc. basically anything you can
do in a markup. See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text-markup-commands#Text-markup-commands