Duration dots and Bar lines on custom Staves.

From: V!ctor Adán
Subject: Duration dots and Bar lines on custom Staves.
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:07:56 -0400

Hello All,

I'm using Staff contexts with the "line-positions" property modified to fit my capricious needs.
In doing so I'm running into 2 problems (please see attached png):

1. When I set lines to odd numbers, the duration dots of the note heads fall *on* the staff lines rather than within the spaces. It's like Lilypond is hard-coded to put the dots on the even number slots rather that looking at the "line-positions" attribute to decide on the best place to put these dots. Is there a way to change this?

2. It seems that the line-positions must be centered at 0, otherwise (as in the example below), the bar line is drawn off-center, either moved up or down. Is there a way to have the barline fit the boundaries of the two outermost staff lines exactly without having the line-positions 0-centered?
I found this mail by Kevin Dalley in the mailing list, so it seems this has been an issue before...
http://www.nabble.com/Does-the-center-of-the-staff-need-to-be-zero--p9507190.html

here's the minimal example that generates the attached image:

%%%% START %%%%
\version "2.11.50"

\layout{
   \context{\Staff
      \override StaffSymbol #'line-positions =#'(  1 3  7 )

\score{
   {
      \time 9/8
      \relative c''