Re: Shifting headers (title, composer, opus, etc.) vertically upward

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Shifting headers (title, composer, opus, etc.) vertically upward
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:13:05 -0400

Hi Drew,

The exception, at the moment, is that I don't know how
to change the (vertical) position of pieces of the \header block - I want to move the title, composer, poet, etc. text bits vertically upward on the
first page so that more systems of music will fit on the page.

1. You can change the way the bookTitleMarkup and scoreTitleMarkup are defined, to make the title block(s) take up less vertical space. 2. You can change \paper properties like before-title-space, after- title-space, and between-title-space, to have more systems fit on the (first) page. 3. You can use \noPageBreak at the end of the system that Lilypond is pushing to page 2, to force it onto page 1.

In each case, search the (2.11) docs [including the LSR] for those respective terms -- I'm sure you'll find more than enough info to assist you.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.