Re: notation and tablature (+bend, slide etc.)

From: rosea
Subject: Re: notation and tablature (+bend, slide etc.)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 08:41:14 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2008 schrieb rosea:
I was wondering if Lilypond also supports tablature features for guitar
like: slides, hammer on, pull off, bend etc.

It supports bend. About the others, I'm not sure. When I wrote musicxml2ly, I was looking for them, but then I don't know how they should look in the score, anyway.

Maybe you can give some examples for them?

Cheers,
Reinhold

Hi all,

I've made a scan of the notation-tablature-legend from the book 'Eric Clapton - Unplugged', (which is one of the best selling guitar books I think).

I made a *.png and a *.pdf you can download here: http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=manuals_tutorials_and_howto_s&cache=cache&media=notation_tablature_legend_clapton.pdf

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1259/notationtablatureclaptolc8.png

I didn't find options for bends, pull off, slide, hammer on etc. for Lilypond and I think there are a lot of guitarists, bass players and more, who would love to see a better tablature support for Lilypond. Especially now with the export function in TuxGuitar to Lilypond.

I'm looking forward for reactions and I hope some smart guys can make this happen for Lilypond. If I can give support or if you need more information about tablature and notation, you can always ask!

Thanks in advance,

Roooz