Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:08:55 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
In my experience, it's fairly uncommon in printed music to have this kind of
different durations in the two alternatives, so I don't think that it's common enough to deserve a specific example in the manual. You may want to submit it to the LSR, though.
It's not that uncommon.  I've seen it in choral music fairly regularly through the years.  What else are you going to do if there's a pickup note and the 2nd ending goes on?  You can write the second ending as an end followed by a partial pickup, but this solution seems more elegant, and why reading voice would certainly be simpler to read.  Choirs are filled with folks whose reading skills are minimal to nonexistant.

Patrick