Phrasing marks are awesome!

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Phrasing marks are awesome!
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:22:08 -0700

I just found out that if you use phrasing marks, you don't have to put in time extenders in your lyrics!  It makes it so easy!  I wrote all the time extenders, then learned about phrasing marks, and now I get to take all the time extenders back out!  Can I write a section for the tutorial that will save other newbies the frustration I've been going through that could have been easily avoided if I'd just understood that they were connected?  Actually it would probably be in instrument-specific notation/vocal music.  Now would be a good time to do it while I'm still excited and remember before it was obvious.  Oh, and did I mention that lilypond is great!

Patrick