Re: substitution with \movement

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: substitution with \movement
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:59:32 +0200

2008/6/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Oh, come on! What is so hard about typing #?  On an English
> keyboard, you already need to be pressing the shift key to get the
> " that you'll type for your string anyway.

Yes, French keyboard layout is much more annoying (it requires
twisting your right hand to have the thumb on AltGr and the middle
finger on the alpha-num "3" key).

> Rewriting the parser for such a trivial thing would be a waste of
> resources.  Just get used to typing #, just like {} or ,' or any
> other piece of lilypond input.  The docs are supposed to use #""
> all the time, to reinforce this point.

Yes, actually I was just interested in some tricks possibly used by
Nicolas... For instance, does it help to use a Scheme "format"
function when creating a shortcut?

Cheers,
Valentin