Re: seeking suggestions: stage directions "staff"

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: seeking suggestions: stage directions "staff"
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:03:16 +0200

2008/6/6 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

> My current plan is to use one extra Staff context (with all the normal
> engravers removed) for each of these two text "streams", and simply attach
> \markuplines to notes (or rests or skips). Does anyone have a better
> suggestion?

It will not work, i'm afraid. \markuplines cannot work inside a \score
block, IIRC.

What I'm currently doing is to use an extra context, like you:

\context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name "TopLine"
    \consists "Output_property_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \consists "Script_engraver"
    \consists "Dynamic_engraver"
    \consists "Mark_engraver"
    \consists "Text_engraver"
    \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
    \consists "Metronome_mark_engraver"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0 . 0 )
  }

plus

    \override Score.PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t
    \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t

However, there are many things it doesn't allow to do properly. I
tried to see with Nicolas if an implementation would be possible, and
a brief discussion started on
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-04/msg00320.html

(however, everybody was too busy so we couldn't come up with anything).

If you're up for a sponsorship or a bounty, I'll gladly join you!

Cheers,
Valentin