two dynamics contexts and moving my headers

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: two dynamics contexts and moving my headers
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:17:25 +0200

Hello,

I was having some difficulty yesterday, and I'm sure that it's only because I'm in a rush and can't think well, but this just isn't working for me. 1) I have a ChoirStaff and PianoStaff. I want dynamics above the ChoirStaff and centered between the PianoStaff. No matter how hard I try, it just doesn't work for me. I get errors of really strange natures and the end effect is that I don't get what I was looking for. I'm sure exactly what I need is somewhere on the LSR, but the LSR only likes me if I know exactly what's there, otherwise, I don't really find what I'm looking for. Help?

2) my composer and poet tags are in the wrong place! I should say, when I add \center-align, it moves them to the right, even if the markups are only one line? I'm guessing that it's centering the markups to the page and not to itself. Can I get the markups to be where they are normally, but to have two lines that are centered to each other. I'm trying \markup {\center-align {"James E. Bailey" \smaller "2008"}}. Nothing fancy.