Different line breaks in parts

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Different line breaks in parts
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:48:53 -0600

I am trying to produce a small score for a quartet and parts. What I am trying to do is to be able to specify different line breaks for each part. Because the note density is different for each part, Lilypond produces parts that are too dense for my taste. I would like to have the music more spread out and not necessarily have the line breaks in the same places for the different parts. If I have the line breaks specified in the notes, it will produce undesireable breaks in one or more of the other parts or the score.
        Any hints on how I can accomplish this? Thanks.

Walter Hofmeister