re: *.midi vs. *.mid

From: hhpmusic
Subject: re: *.midi vs. *.mid
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:39:39 +0800 (CST)

Hi,
  I'm using Windows Xp, and I can give a suggestion to those who use Xp.
  In fact, Windows Media Player can open .midi file automatically. If you hope to change its extension manually, please open any folders and press Alt-T to bring up the tools menu. Then choose Folder options, ctrl-tab once, to the viewing option page. Then go to the advanced settings below, use arrow keys to navigate to every options you wish to change One of them is "hide extensions of know files" (I translate it from CHinese, I don't know the words in English version of Xp),. The default is "on", change it to "off" to display all extensions. This is annoying sometimes, but I prefer it because I can't see the icons, and I'm afraid I'll open or delete files I don't wish to open or delete. At this time, go into the folder and find the .midi file, press f2 to rename the extension to .mid.
  I'm using the way a blind does, I don't know whether you have more efficent ways. Please point out if There are errors for my method. Thank you!

Haipeng

中 国 最 强 网 游 --- 网 易 梦 幻 西 游 ,166 万 玩 家 同 时 在 线