Remove prefatory staff lines

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Remove prefatory staff lines
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:38:57 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to remove the empty staff lines that occur when a new staff
is created coinciding with a clef change in another staff - see example.
I've tried various settings of explicitClefVisibility which haven't
worked so far. Any ideas?

As a last resort I'll just whack a white postscript box over it, but I
was hoping there might be a more elegant solution.

\version "2.11.44"
\paper{ ragged-right=##t }
{
    c'1
    << {
        \clef bass c'1
    } \new Staff \with { \remove Clef_engraver } {
        c''1
    } >>

Mark Knoop