Re: two problems

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: two problems
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:20:47 +0200

Itried to unpack the 2.11.44 tarball in Windows using 7-zip, http://www.7-zip.org/ and it worked well (apart from the duplicated files, which I will send a separate bug report on). Perhaps there was some error in the file transfer that caused your problems.

For the language of the printouts, check if you have the environment variable LANG (or some other environment variable that seems to be related to language settings)
set in your Windows installation.

/Mats

hhpmusic wrote:

Hi,
I encountered two problems when using Lilypond on Windows. First, the 2.11.44 documentation tarball seems have problms. I don't know how to build bz2 file using Windows, my way is to unpack the files to a doc folder using Winrar. But the tarball (from the time I began to learn Lily) always has some files duplicated in name, which causes the program asks for rename or ignore from time to time. The tarball this time I got has even serious problem which cause Winrar stops to unpack, saying reading error. Please tell me how to build this tarball correctly? Second, Lilypad always display Chinese characters in a corrupted code. Can I find a way to let it just display English rather than the language my computer's platform is using?

REGARDS
Haipeng

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing