Re: scheme function for staccato

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: scheme function for staccato
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:58:23 +0200

Quoting Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

> % To modify a sequence of notes, it's easiest to use a filter:

This approach seems to differ from
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=82

Reminder to Mats: Always check in LSR first! ;-)

Mats, Reinhold, can you give us some explanations about these
differences? Which one is the best? The simplest? The most reliable?
Should I edit the LSR snippet? Add a new snippet? etc.

The solution in LSR is more or less equivalent to Reinhold's proposal, but is divided three separate functions instead of two, whereof two are generic and can be used for any articulation.

However, it turns out that the solution shares the same problem as
Reinhold's solution, which you can see if you replace the score by
\score {
 \relative c'' {
   a b \addStacc { c, c }  }
 \layout{ ragged-right = ##t }
}

The same fix that I proposed can be used also here, i.e. to replace the definition of add-script by
#(define (add-script m x)
  (if
    (equal? (ly:music-property m 'name) 'EventChord)
    (set! (ly:music-property m 'elements)
          (append (ly:music-property m 'elements)
                   (list (make-script x)))))
  m)