Re: Difficulty printing chords

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Difficulty printing chords
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:33:27 +0200

Note that the concept of Staff in LilyPond perhaps differs from what you have in mind. You are not the first to consider a "staff" to contain not only the music but also the lyrics and the accompanying chords. However, in LilyPond terminology, the "Staff" context contains only the 5 lines, the notes and rests, and the decoration around it like slurs, articulations and such, but the lyrics and chords are separate contexts that should not be included in the Staff. Therefore, I don't really agree with Reinhold's answer since also the Lyrics should be outside
the Staff:

\score {
 <<
   \echords
   \new Staff {
     \new Voice = "zemusic" { \emusic }
   }
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "zemusic" { a bunch of lyrics }

}

  /Mats