countPercentRepeats = ##t

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: countPercentRepeats = ##t
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:56:21 +0000 (UTC)

Regarding:

\set countPercentRepeats = ##t

Is it also possible to set the repeat number, the number above the percent
repeat sign?

Modern stage band pieces I come across tend to number according to the
phrasing.

For example, if one has a 16 bar phrase starting with four bars of notes then a
repeating section, one would see the notes to be repeated in bar 5 but then bars
6-16 would be numbered 6 through 16 as well.

As a percussionist/drummer it drives me crazy to count a 4, 8 or 16 bar phrase
on odd numbers.