Re: White Baroque notation (was: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34)

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: White Baroque notation (was: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:02:45 +0200 (CEST)

Kurt:

> >> Karl:
> >>
> >> We don't have lilypond examples of this. I have seen this in a Novello
> >> score for Purcells Dido. So I suggest we drop this for the moment.
> >> (Though an ossia section might show what the editor want.)
> >>
> >> We actually do have some in the list somewhere, I remember (was it
> >> Nicolas) somthing about using empty note heads for quarter notes or
> >> something like that -- that's what I am referring to.
> >
> > Nice, can you find it?
>
> Are you referring to the notation example in the attached email?

No, I was referring to e.g. notated a8. a16, which should, if I
remember correctly, be interpreted more like a8.. a32 (in the french
style). The editor might want to show that rythmic figure above the
staff as an hint to performers.

But it would be good to have some ly code to make your example also.

Regards,
/Karl