Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:22:13 +0100

Till Rettig wrote
I don't know, what these slurs mean, I came up with the following
editiorial items:

1. annotational accidentals
2. ligature brackets  [I think they should be here, and not together
with the ligatures]
3. Barock rhythm indication

1 is the same as 6.1, maybe 2 is the same as 6.2 (?), and by the topic 3
is the same as 6.3 .

Suggested accidentals sounds good, but the others I wouldn't call
"suggested", since they are about how to interpret the notes, not an
addition/suggestion by the editor as the accidentals are. So I would go for:

6.2 Brackets indicating ligatures" or "Ligature brackets"
6.3 Rhythmic Barock notation -- or something the like.

Hopefully this doesn't get now too complicated - I guess issues will
clear up when we are actualy working on that section.

OK, draft 8 will say:

  .6 Editorial markings
    .1 Annotational accidentals (was Musica ficta accidentals)
       (2.8.4)
    .2 Ligature brackets (was Ligatures)
       (2.8.2.4)
    .3 Baroque rhythmic notation (new)
       (new - KH)

Many thanks to you and Karl.

Karl - if you meant something different by "slurs", let me know and I'll add it.

Till
Trevor D