Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 15:03:50 +0100

John Mandereau wrote
Le dimanche 06 avril 2008 à 10:09 +0100, Trevor Daniels a écrit :
> ... but I prefer to introduce a Common notation section
> under Wind instruments as we do for Keyboards and several other
> sections and place anything about half-holes there.

Basic vocals
Common notation for keyboards
Common notation for fretted strings
Common notation for percussion
Common notation for wind instruments

They look good, but are a bit long.  Why not just create a section named
"Woodwinds"?  Half-holes are only common to woodwinds, and not common to
all wind instruments (ummh, maybe except the serpent? :-p).

We could, but we would still need some Common notation
sections for Keyboards, Fretted strings, etc.  And I prefer
to be as consistent as possible.

I'm not too worried if the Common notation sections contain
things not relevant to some of the following instruments.  In fact,
most of the stuff under Common notation for keyboards does
not apply to accordions, but no one will be confused by this.

The length of the section names follows from the need to make
nodes unique, unfortunately.

John

Trevor D