Re: The LilyPond Report: a new weekly opinion column about Lily's world

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: The LilyPond Report: a new weekly opinion column about Lily's world
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:57:33 -0500

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings everybody,

A new issue of the "LilyPond Report" is out:

http://valentin.villenave.info/spip.php?article61

This week, we are going to come back on a few points that were raised
on the last issue, to discuss "real music" snippets and Debussy, to
talk about compatibility issues with recently-released operating
systems and to *not* talk about Reinhold Kainhofer :-) Finally, don't
miss our Interview of the Week with a very special French guest : John
Mandereau himself ! As always, you can post your comments at the
bottom of the page, or even register and contribute to the LilyPond
Report's next issues.

Very nice!

For what it's worth, regarding the snippet from L'Isle joyeuse:

"I don't know who added this (I suspect it might be Trevor Baca, who's fond of Debussy just like I am [2]), but kudos! Here is a small sample from the snippet:"

What a wonderful snippet. But, alas, I can claim no credit for the engraving -- the snippet is somebody else's beautiful handiwork.

Ach ... and the answer was right there in the footnote!

;-)

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden