Re: Vista problem

From: CDon
Subject: Re: Vista problem
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

I have Vista on a laptop, and I see the same sort of thing.  A file takes
about 40 s to compile.  Odd thing is that when LP was first installed, a
file would compile in about 5 s, about the same as on the XP desktop .  At
some point, along the route of several upgrades, the problem developed.  I
am not sure now with which version this occured (but I am not sure it
matters).  Also there used to be two different font configuration files in
my user folder, I guess from different versions of LP.  These are not longer
there, but at some point I deleted them trying to fix the problem.    I have
tried recent versions from the dev path, and even went back and got the last
stable version.  Compile is slow with them all.  And none of the versions
will place a font configuration file in the user folder.  I suspect the
source of the problem lies here.  I don't think that I have changed any
permissions, but Vista will on occasion do this all by itself (Trying to
protect me from my own stupidity, I guess.)  In any event, permissions
appear to be set properly in every place that I can think of.  But who knows
what is hidden away...

Don