Re: The LilyPond Report: a new weekly opinion column about Lily's world

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: The LilyPond Report: a new weekly opinion column about Lily's world
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:54:00 +0100

Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 schrieb Graham Percival:
> To do that, we need to use texi2html, and to do that, we need
> about 10 hours of work from a perl programmer.

If I understood it correctly, your main problem with texi2html is that you
want to split only at numbered sections, right?

How about using something like the attached
texi2html-split-at-numbered-init.pl as init-file for texi2html (it does
exactly what Pat suggested in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/texi2html-bug/2007-10/msg00010.html).

I've run it on the sample file that you provide in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-03/msg00005.html and it
seems to work just fine. Simply call texi2html as

texi2html --init-file=texi2html-split-at-numbered-init.pl splitme.texi

and it will generate files for sections 1, 2, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.2.1, but not
for "one A", "one B", "two one A", etc.

Cheers,
Reinhold