Re: \arpeggioUp with connected voices

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \arpeggioUp with connected voices
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:28:07 -0800

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 21:21:54 +0100
Arjan Bos <address@hidden> wrote:

> May I propose that this is added to the documentation at section
> 1.3.3.2 Arpeggio in the Notation Reference, next to the example
> showing how to connect arpeggios across voices and / or staves.

Please add this to LSR.  That will greatly simplify the process of
getting it into the docs -- and in any case, it needs to end up in
LSR anyway.

> Or,
> alternatively, could it be possible that the \arpeggioUp
> \arpeggioDown and \arpeggioNeutral definitions are changed in
> Lilypond itself?

I don't think that's a good idea; what if somebody wants to have
different arpeggio types in different voices?  Much better to
simply educate people about contexts.

Cheers,
- Graham