dotted or dashed phrasing slurs

From: Peter Kaplan
Subject: dotted or dashed phrasing slurs
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 22:26:34 +0000 (UTC)

I am interested in making phrasing slurs that are (graphically, not
rhythmically) dotted or dashed, in order to differentiate them visually from
ordinary legato slurs (to be represented with solid slurs).  Is there a way to
do this straightforwardly in lilypond?  I Was not able to find it in the manual.

In fact, I'm thinking that phrasing slurs ought to be set to dotted texture by
default in lilypond.  Does anybody else have an opinion on this?

Thanks!