Spanner trouble

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Spanner trouble
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:52:24 +0000

I've been trying to add a couple spanners (text or crescendo type) to a score. I was having trouble getting the output I wanted and I noticed that Lily did not appear to be behaving as advertised.

For example; in "1.8.1.3 Text spanners" if I cut & paste the examples given on the page and run them through 2.11.41 (Windows) I do *not* get a dashed line but a solid line that ends one note early.

Also, similarly; in section "1.3.1.2 Dynamics" if I cut/paste the last example on the page I do *not* get a series of dots connecting the "cresc. poco" to the "mf". Instead I get a short solid line immediately following "cresc. poco" and then space to the "mf".

-David