Re: staffsymbol left edge

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: staffsymbol left edge
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:04:37 +0100

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-11/msg00073.html
for an example on how to rearrange the way things are ordered.
In fact, if you move the left-edge to after the clef in the list for
what happens at the beginning of lines, you should get what
you want. (Don't forget to use the default settings from your
current LilyPond version as a starting point).

  /Mats

Neil Thornock wrote:

Hello all,

I've converted my staff (stopstaff startstaff stuff) into a line extender, indicating a repeat of a few notes.

On the next system down, I'd like for the staff (the "line extender") to begin printing after the clef. As it is, it prints under the clef (as a staff normally does).

Is there a way to tell lily to start the staffsymbol *after* the clef - to nudge the start a few staff spaces to the right?

Thanks,
Neil

--
Neil Thornock, D.M.