Re: pedal bracket too short

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: pedal bracket too short
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:05:01 +0100

Am Freitag, 29. Februar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> I have just tried your example with the latest version of the source
> code and
> it seems that the problem remains. It seems related to
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-02/msg00172.html
> but the problem remains even though that patch has been applied in the
> version I tried. Reinhold, can you take a look?

The problem that I fixed was only with LineSpanner, but the sustain pedal uses
something different... I have no idea how to fix that problem.

Some observations, though:
-) The bracket always ends at the staff change or at the last note (i.e. it
does not end at a rest!) The later might be appropriate, but a staff change
is definitely messing things up here.
-) There is no 'nan' calculation, so I doubt that it can be fixed similarly to
the above bug in line-spanner.cc. I tried to change all extent calls in
axis-group-interface to robust_relative_extent, but that didn't change
anything.

Minimal example is attached.

Cheers,
Reinhold