Re: TimeSignature as fraction: gap between numerator and denominator - s

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: TimeSignature as fraction: gap between numerator and denominator - solution
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:03:50 +0100

Werner wrote:

(My opinion: That should be default layout.)
The opinion of the main LilyPond developers is to use hand-engraved
scores by the main German publishers as the inpiration when deciding on
the layout, see for example http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Engraving#Engraving
If you can find many such examples in your music library that supports your
opinion, then you have a good basis to request such a change. Otherwise, I'm afraid that you have to accept that the current layout remains the default in LilyPond.

As you have seen, it's possible to modify the layout as you wish and it's even possible to write a few lines of Scheme code to get a solution that automatically can handle all
time signatures.

   /Mats