Re: Bracket Around a Single Staff

From: Philip
Subject: Re: Bracket Around a Single Staff
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:44:42 -0600

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008 schrieb Philip:
How can I surround a single staff with a square bracket?

By "square bracket" do you mean the staff bracket of staff groups, only that you also want it for just one single staff? If so, then the LSR can help you (search for "bracket"...):
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=201

Cheers,
Reinhold

I tried the line suggested on that page, but I got an error message:

error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting LYRICS_STRING or STRING or STRING_IDENTIFIER: \override [staffcontext].SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1

Is this related to where I inserted the line? This is what I used:

\relative d {
              % \override statement
              % music