Re: fermata and text (markup) on/above one note

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: fermata and text (markup) on/above one note
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:42:49 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hi Werner,

    > I don't understand, why the \hspace #0 influences the raise

    As I understand it, the \hspace defines the height of the entire
    markup box -- i.e., it is explicitly taller than either the fermata
    or the (e.g.) "1." -- and thus it is this "larger" box (as set by the
    height of an \hspace object) that is affected by the spacing code.

Right, a \hspace has a vertical extent from -1 to 1, even if
you specify the width to be zero. The total vertical extent
of the full markup is the maximum extent of all its components.
However, as I've shown in other emails in this thread, there are
other methods to obtain the same result.

   /Mats