Re: Difficult layout questions

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: Re: Difficult layout questions
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:33:55 +0100

Hi Kieren, Risto and Joe,

thanks for your answers. They were all very helpful for me. In detail:

1. I added the following to my \layout { } block:
        \context {
            \Lyrics
            \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0.5 . 2.5)
        }
which works very good. Could one explain what the two values are for?
I only played around with the right one ...

2. I added the following to my \layout { } block:
        \context {
            \Score
            \override PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t
        }
and it works good for the one problem that lyrics stick out of the
_right_ side. The stanza numbers and "Refr. " and so on the left side
still stick out!

So I installed the current development version 2.11.39 and ran all the
scores through it. And now this problem is solved, too. I hope that
there won´t be other problems with this version :-/

3. The LyricHyphen also helped me! I added the following to my \layout
{ } block:
        \context {
            \Lyrics
            \override LyricHyphen #'minimum-length = #0.5
            \override LyricHyphen #'minimum-distance = #0.2
        }

4. I didn´t check this right now because it´s the less important thing
by now, but I will do so in the near future. Although I´m happy that
there is a way to this.

Thank you all for your answers!

Dominic